PainSpot.com is a friendly, educational experience if you have pain and want to know why. You start on the Pain Locator (see below) by clicking on a ‘PainSpot’ near the place you hurt.
- PainSpot uses interactive images and pain-focused questions to screen for common causes of painful musculoskeletal conditions.
- PainSpot creates a list of possible diagnoses based upon the location of the pain, and your answers to yes-no questions. Each diagnostic consideration is accompanied with an explanation of the condition.
- PainSpot also provides easily understood summaries about common syndromes, and links to educational resources for more detailed information.
- PainSpot encourages follow-up with health professionals by providing a printed report of the PainSpot site interaction.
- PainSpot supplies links to the newest discoveries, treatments and patient support services.